Dunkin' Donuts. Dunkin' keeps me blogging. Try Dunkin' Donuts Coffee For Free. Get a Sample

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Another Winery Night



I had another winery night, this time Nick was my chauffeur! Poor guy. My dear friend Bobbie was in town from LA. I haven't seen her in 4 years and it was great to catch up. Even though we haven't seen each other or talked in so long we seemed to just pick up where we left off! We met in 1990, when I was a senior and she was a freshman (so long ago). She had just moved here from Texas and was in a couple of my classes. We clicked right away and ended up being very close friends all through my senior year. I wish I could figure out the scanner I have so I could post a picture of us from 1991! (We've had the scanner for years and I have no idea how to use it). We spent a lot of time together because my "senior friends" were all talented in some way and I unfortunately had NO talent. (Don't worry, I've accepted it and I'm ok with it today!!) They were cheerleaders, twirlers, drill team, band members, or athletes. I tried everything but my only talent was driving through the PD and the Bluffs hundreds of times a night. Anyway, Bobbie and I did a lot of crazy things so we had a lot to reminisce about, and laugh about. MOST of our activities were harmless and legal, but we did do some things that could have gotten us into some trouble. We both sat in Saturday school on my 18th birthday because we got caught skipping school. We went to the mall instead! Harmless, right? We thought so. Years later we found out the brother of our other friend that went ratted us out to the vice principal for $10!!


We hopped from winery to winery with Bobbie's dad, stepmom and their friends. We visited Ferrantes, Harpersfield Winery, South River Winery and Chalet Debonne. Nick and I left at 10 so we could let our babysitter, Grandma Vendetti, go home. We are so lucky to have family that loves to watch Evan. Unfortunately for Grandma though, Evan goes to bed at 8:00 so she didn't get to see much of him. I was home and in bed by 11. I will miss Bobbie and I hope it doesn't take another 4 years before I see her again.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Such a good friend to visit you from years ago- that looks so fun, and thankfully you had a designated driver for you two!! She sounds great! I remember driving in the summer with you to the docks and meeting some of your friends...those were the days!