
We celebrated Evan's first birthday last weekend. Hard to believe it was a year ago that I went to work with contractions! I'll never forget that day and how exciting it was. It was the most emotional day of my life and I still get tears in my eyes thinking about it. And I think I felt contractions just thinking about those too!
Evan had a small party at our house. He had a blast being the center of attention. He had all of his grandparents and many aunts and uncles at the party, cousins, and friends. It was so fun to watch him interact with everyone. He's having fun with his cousin Jon and cousin Morgan here.
The best part was when he sang "Happy Birthday" to him. He just stared at my friend Janet as everyone sang! He wasn't sure what the heck everyone was doing. It was so cute. It took him a minute or two to figure out what to do with the cake. I had to scoop some onto my finger and put it into his mouth. Then, he knew exactly what to do. He didn't get too messy, but it took both of his grandmas to clean him up.
Evan got a lot of fun toys for his birthday. Of course I was the one opening them all, he was usually more interested in the ribbons and wrapping paper. He had a lot of help with opening them from his cousins JT, Leah and Morgan and his friends Abby and Sam.
We had a great day and it took Evan a LONG time to come off of his sugar high from all the cake and frosting! He was still going strong at 9:00 that night. He unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper in about 30 seconds and was crawling around banging his head into things and laughing. What a crazy boy. He slept great that night and was ready to play with all his new toys the next day. His aunt Staci was in town so we went to visit "The Farm" the next day.











1 comment:
WOW!! It has been a really fast year!! I loved reading all about his party and fun birthday!! First ones are the best!! I remember all of mine's first parties- it is a special time!!
I love the blue icing- wow are you brave- glad it was grandma's cleaning him up- all of mine I stripped down to diaper and then let them have at it!
I am coming up the 17th of October for the weekend, so we should get together- I am anxious to see everyone again!! It was a long summer not being able to visit.
Stop taking so long in between your posts!! Are you busy, or what?! Kidding- how is the new school year going?
Post a Comment