
I returned to work on January 7th, after 16 weeks off of work. It was bittersweet. I hated to leave Evan but I was eager to get back to "a life of my own". I love my job and the people I work with so I was ready to get back and socialize with adults! I always thought I wanted to be a stay at home mom, but after 16 weeks at home I knew I would be a better mom if I got out of the house occasionally. A part time job would be ideal; Nick told me I could do that but I would have to cut back on the shopping. I decided a full time job was a better option!! When I returned to work Evan began going to my sister Jen's house each day. Oh, the best part of all of this is Evan started sleeping through the night the same week I started back at work! I left for work and Evan was still sleeping. It has worked out wonderfully. I don't know how my sister juggles two babies but she somehow manages. Evan is always smiling and happy when I pick him up so she's doing something right. At first the boys (she has Jonathan that is 2 months older than Evan) could have cared less about each other. After two months together though they were already fighting over toys and pulling hair, pinching, and kicking! I know they were just "exploring" this other creature in front of them, but it's was hard not to laugh at the first signs of fighting. I can't wait to see them grow up together and run all over my parent's farm. I can hear my dad already "Boys, get off that tractor, Boys, get out of the barn, Boys, get out of the manure pile, Boys, where are you?????" I've attached a sweet picture of Jon and Evan and a picture of Jen with her favorite nephew!

1 comment:
Those are darling pics! I can hear your dad already! I am glad it was a smooth transition for you to return to work! I always think, a happy mom is a better mom! Somedays that is true, other days, well, everything changes with kids, right?! I love that Jen is able to keep him- that is a true blessing- she is a great mom and a great sister for you- you are very lucky!
Post a Comment