Dunkin' Donuts. Dunkin' keeps me blogging. Try Dunkin' Donuts Coffee For Free. Get a Sample

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Our Second Month


At 2 months, Evan weighed 12 pounds 9 ounces. He was still confused with the day/night cycle and was eating every 2-3 hours. He was sleeping in our room and every little move he made would wake me up. I wondered if there would ever be a day that I could sleep through the night again. All I wanted for Christmas was one night of uninterrupted sleep!! I remember sitting in the living room in the middle of the night watching some goofy shows on HBO while I fed Evan. I've always enjoyed my sleep so there were nights that I really struggled to get up and feed Evan. He would take about 40 minutes to suck down a bottle and many times I would get into a movie and would end up sitting in the chair way after he fell asleep. The biggest challenge was always putting him in his bed once he fell asleep. So many times he would wake up as soon as I put him down. At this point I was not using a pacifier with him so sometimes I would have to pick him up and start over with the rocking. It was so frustrating and I would have given anything to just go to sleep. Looking back, I can't believe how long ago those nights seem.

Evan began smiling at us when we talked to him and it was so sweet. Once in awhile we could get a laugh out of him too.

No comments: