
This is my journal entry for March 12, 2008. I figured it was easier to paste this in than to try and retype it into the blog (that I'm still working on getting up to date with)
Evan is 6 months old today!! Hard to believe. This week has been filled with many “firsts”, some good and some a bit annoying! He has discovered a new sound he can make with his voice……screaming! A very high pitched scream. He seems to “complain” a lot now, using that scream to make his point quite clear. He likes when we sing “Old MacDonald to him”. It makes him stop complaining and laugh. Not sure why that song does it, could be the way I look and sound like a complete idiot when I sing it to him. He still won’t roll onto his belly anymore; I don’t think he’ll ever learn to crawl.
This week we started giving him carrots at dinner. The first night he was not pleased with them. His face was priceless! We had to mix it with cereal. The second night he was a little better, but he was still getting more cereal than carrots. The third night we were able to get the carrots in him on their own. He still got some cereal, but I think he has acquired the taste for carrots now. Tonight he had them up his nose, on his forehead, on his socks, his pants, shirt and all over the highchair! What a goof.
This week he hasn’t been sleeping very soundly all night. He “cries” in his sleep and sometimes needs his pacifier to fall back to sleep. He also had his first bout of diaper rash. It was very mild though. I think this is all due to the carrots. He had a poop that looked like a carrot too. Fun times!!!!!!!!!
This week we started giving him carrots at dinner. The first night he was not pleased with them. His face was priceless! We had to mix it with cereal. The second night he was a little better, but he was still getting more cereal than carrots. The third night we were able to get the carrots in him on their own. He still got some cereal, but I think he has acquired the taste for carrots now. Tonight he had them up his nose, on his forehead, on his socks, his pants, shirt and all over the highchair! What a goof.
This week he hasn’t been sleeping very soundly all night. He “cries” in his sleep and sometimes needs his pacifier to fall back to sleep. He also had his first bout of diaper rash. It was very mild though. I think this is all due to the carrots. He had a poop that looked like a carrot too. Fun times!!!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment