
Our first Christmas was as hectic as every other Christmas we've had. We began on Christmas Eve. We visited all of my grandparents first and then spent the evening with the Deck family. They always treat us like family and it was fun to see a HUGE family all gather together and open gifts and eat TONS of food. Christmas morning began with opening gifts at home. I'm not sure why I wrapped all of Evan's gifts......I was the one opening them all! He was more interested in the wrapping paper of course, it made noise. We shoved him in his "Bumbo" seat and Nick and I were way more excited than Evan was to open his gifts. We didn't have much time at home before we had to get dressed, pack the car, pack a bag for Evan and I had to make beans! We were out of the house by 12:30 to go to Jen's for gifts and food. The BAD part is I had to get Evan and myself ready, pack the car, and make the beans all on my own. Nick had to drive to Cleveland with my dad to pick up my dad's friend Ali from the hospital. The poor man had a heart attack a couple days earlier. Nick met us at my sisters. Evan slept the ENTIRE time in Jon's swing....I've attached the photo! We had to be packed up again and on the road by 4:00 to get to Nick's parents home. We were late, as you an imagine, and everyone was waiting for us. We opened more gifts and ate more food. We packed the car up again and were back in it by 8:00 to get Evan home for bed. AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I'm tired just reliving it in my head again.

No comments:
Post a Comment