Dunkin' Donuts. Dunkin' keeps me blogging. Try Dunkin' Donuts Coffee For Free. Get a Sample

Monday, May 5, 2008

Bringing Home Baby


We left the hospital on Saturday morning. I sat in the back seat with Evan on our way home and without Nick's knowledge......I cried most of the way home. What was I going to do with a baby? I was so clueless and sooooo extremely tired. I was not feeling comfortable with the breastfeeding and didn't know what to do at home without the nurse call button for someone to get the kid latched on! You really don't care who grabs what when you're in the hospital and emotional. The first night was interesting. We set the alarm so we could feed Evan! Can you believe that? We set the alarm.........what a couple of dummies. Needless to say, we didn't need the alarm! Babies sure do let you know when they are hungry. Nick was so helpful the first few weeks, getting me water and everything else while I tried to breastfeed. I'm sure I cried more than Evan did. He would be nursing and I would be crying. There were moments I felt like a human pacifier. Needless to say, the breastfeeding only lasted the first month. After 5 weeks, Evan was eating formula and we were all much happier and sleeping better. I finally got to sleep without a bra on, it was fabulous!! I was excited to return to a B cup................little did I know that after only one month of breastfeeding I would soon become an A cup.
To be continued....................

No comments: